Misandry is defined as the hatred of men solely because they are men. This definition involves no mention of oppression, no mention of systematic sexism. It simply says the hatred of men.
That being said, here is some actual proof of misandry:
- The April 4th “Dear Colleague” letter issued by the OCR to all colleges that receive federal funding, reduces the standard of proof required to convict a male student of rape all the way down to “preponderance of evidence” (anything above 50%) and “strongly discourages” male students being given the right to question their accuser. The directive also requires all universities to allow alleged victims of rape to appeal the results of college disciplinary hearings, subjecting the accused to “double jeopardy” (which isn’t allowed in US courts). (x,x)
- U.S. Military, Washington State and the District of Columbia put the burden on the accused to show consent. (x)
- Federal Rule of Evidence 413 allows rape defendants’ prior sexual assault misconduct to be admitted as evidence in federal rape trials. This infringes on defendants’ constitutional equal protection and due process rights. Rule 413 departs from long-standing legal tradition prohibiting admissions of a defendants’ uncharged misconduct evidence to prove criminal propensities. This makes it so men who are accused of rape, are afforded less protections than any other crime. (x,x)
- In sports where the gender compete, girls are awarded far more scholarships than boys are: 20,206 vs 32,656. Because of this, in every ‘gender symmetric’ sport (the one exception being gymnastics), boys face much more difficult odds of being able to earn a scholarship than girls do. (x,x)
- The DOJ will only investigate bullying cases if the victim is considered protected under the 1964 Civil Rights legislation. In other words, white males are the only group to be excluded from having their case investigated by the DOJ. (x)
- The infamous Eugene Kanin study found a 41% false rape figure in a small metropolitan community. A follow up study, found 50% of rape allegations in college to be false. Among the false charges, 53% of the women admitted they filed the false claim as an alibi. (x, x)
- US Air force study confirms 60% of rapes to be false, a full 27% of the allegations were confirmed to be false because the woman admitted to making them up. (x)
- Over eight of ten (81%) who said that they knew someone falsely accused answered that the falsely accused party was male. Nearly seven in ten (69.9%) of those falsely accusing were female. These results indicate very strongly that false accusations and their aftermath loom very large in the landscape of men’s lives. And while there are falsely accused females out there, the issue is one that can be fairly identified as generally an act of aggression against men (x)
- 62% of the homeless in the US are male.(x)
- Female genital mutilation is illegal in the United States. Male genital mutilation isn’t, despite it’s proven risks.
- For every 100 girls suspended from public elementary and secondary schools 250 boys are suspended.
- For every 100 girls expelled from public elementary and secondary schools 335 boys are expelled.
- For every 100 girls diagnosed with a learning disability 276 boys are diagnosed with a learning disability.
- For every 100 women enrolled in college there are 77 men enrolled.
- For every 100 women enrolled in the first year of college there are 79 men enrolled.
- For every 100 women enrolled in the second year of college there are 71 men enrolled.
- For every 100 women enrolled in the third year of college there are 75 men enrolled.
- For every 100 women enrolled in the fourth year of college there are 94 men enrolled.
- For every 100 women enrolled in the fifth year of college there are 65 men enrolled.
- For every 100 women enrolled in the sixth year or more of college there are 78 men enrolled.
- For every 100 American women who earn an associate’s degree from college 67 American men earn the same degree.
- For every 100 American women who earn a bachelor’s degree from college 73 American men earn a bachelor’s degree.
- For every 100 American women who earn a master’s degree from college 62 American men earn the same degree.
- For every 100 American women who earn a doctor’s degree from college 92 American men earn the same degree.
- For every 100 females ages 15 to 19 that commit suicide 549 males in the same range kill themselves.
- For every 100 females ages 20 to 24 that commit suicide 624 males of the same age kill themselves. (x)
Despite these statistics, it is girls who still receive all of the gender specific goodies. Female only scholarships, White House Council for Women and Girls, Title IX grant program for women in STEM, and the Women’s Educational Equity Act are the known Federal level programs for women and girls in school.
- Average sentences for same crime under similar circumstances (robbed someone with a gun, knife, etc):
Female – 18.51 months
Male – 51.52 months (x)
- In Britain, Judges are now ordered to “show more mercy” on female criminals when deciding what sentence they should be given. (x)
- In North Carolina (and probably other states), it turns out that assaulting a female is a class A1 misdemeanor only if the attacker is “a male person at least 18 years of age”; every other type of assault when it comes to gender, is generally a class 2 misdemeanor. This can translate into a substantial difference in sentencing. (x)
- This bibliography examines 286 scholarly investigations: 221 empirical studies and 65 reviews and/or analyses, which demonstrate that women are as physically aggressive, or more aggressive, than men in their relationships with their spouses or male partners. The aggregate sample size in the reviewed studies exceeds 371,600. (x)
- Paternity fraud is rampant in the US. In as many as 30% of cases, fathers are being forced to pay child support for children who are not theirs. (x)
- In at least 3 states (California, Kansas and Tennessee), courts force boys to pay child support to their statutory rapists. In at least two other states, state officials attempt to get boy statutory rape victims to pay child support to their rapists. (x,x)
- Of 302 men who experienced domestic violence by their wives, 38.7% reported that she filed a restraining order against him under false pretenses. (x)
- According to a study by George and Yarwood (2004), police have threatened 47% of male victims of intimate partner violence with arrest. George and Yarwood also found that the police ignored 35% of male victims and 21% were actually arrested instead of the female perpetrators (x)
- About 84% of custody battles are in favor of the mother, because single fathers are uncaring, unfit parents (unlike strong, loving women), even though women are more likely to commit child abuse than men.
Of the abused men who called domestic violence hotlines, 64% were told that they “only helped women.” In 32% of the cases, the abused men were referred to batterers’ programs. Another 25% were given a phone number to call that turned out to be a batterers’ program. A little over a quarter of them were given a reference to a local program that helped.
Not to mention all of these:
How about some quotes?
"I feel that ‘man-hating’ is an honorable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them." — Robin Morgan, Ms. Magazine Editor.
"I claim that rape exists any time sexual intercourse occurs when it has not been initiated by the woman, out of her own genuine affection and desire." — Robin Morgan
"To call a man an animal is to flatter him; he’s a machine, a walking dildo." — Valerie Solanas, Authoress of the SCUM Manifesto
"The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness…can be trained to do most things." — Jilly Cooper, SCUM
"I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig." — Andrea Dworkin
"Q: People think you are very hostile to men. A: I am." — Andrea Dworkin
"Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience." - Catherine Comins
"All men are rapists and that’s all they are" — Marilyn French, Authoress
"Men use the night to erase us." — Andrea Dworkin
"The annihilation of a woman’s personality, individuality, will, character, is prerequisite to male sexuality." — Andrea Dworkin
"Men love death. In everything they make, they hollow out a central place for death, let its rancid smell contaminate every dimension of whatever still survives. Men especially love murder. In art they celebrate it, and in life they commit it. They embrace murder as if life without it would be devoid of passion, meaning, and action, as if murder were solace, stilling their sobs as they mourn the emptiness and alienation of their lives."
— Andrea Dworkin
"Men are rapists, batterers, plunderers, killers; these same men are religious prophets, poets, heroes, figures of romance, adventure, accomplishment, figures ennobled by tragedy and defeat. Men have claimed the earth, called it ‘Her’. Men ruin Her. Men have airplanes, guns, bombs, poisonous gases, weapons so perverse and deadly that they defy any authentically human imagination."
— Andrea Dworkin, Pornography: Men Possessing Women
"On the Left, on the Right, in the Middle; Authors, statesmen, thieves; so-called humanists and self-declared fascists; the adventurous and the contemplative, in every realm of male expression and action, violence is experienced and articulated as love and freedom."
— Andrea Dworkin, Pornography: Men Possessing Women.
"The institution of sexual intercourse is anti-feminist" — Ti-Grace Atkinson
”Feminism is the theory, lesbianism is the practice.” — Ti-Grace Atkinson
"Rape is nothing more or less than a conscious process of intimidation by which all men keep all women in a state of fear" — Susan Brownmiller; Authoress of Against Our Will p.6
"When a woman reaches orgasm with a man she is only collaborating with the patriarchal system, eroticizing her own oppression." — Sheila Jeffrys
"Politically, I call it rape whenever a woman has sex and feels violated." — Catherine MacKinnon
"All sex, even consensual sex between a married couple, is an act of violence perpetrated against a woman." — Catherine MacKinnon
"You grow up with your father holding you down and covering your mouth so another man can make a horrible searing pain between your legs."
— Catherine MacKinnon (Prominent legal feminist scholar; University of Michigan, & Yale.)
"The more famous and powerful I get the more power I have to hurt men." — Sharon Stone; Actress
"Ninety-five percent of women’s experiences are about being a victim. Or about being an underdog, or having to survive… women didn’t go to Vietnam and blow things up. They are not Rambo."
— Jodie Foster; Actress - as quoted in The New York Times Magazine.
"The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race." — Sally Miller Gearhart, in The Future - If There Is One - Is Female.
"And if the professional rapist is to be separated from the average dominant heterosexual (male), it may be mainly a quantitative difference."
— Susan Griffin, Rape: The All-American Crime.
and then there’s the special Tumblr brand:
and then there’s twitter:
Should I keep going or is this sufficient?
I am so disgusted with my fellow women right now. How can they think this is right?!?
- robert downey jr. can sing
- jeremy renner can sing
- scarlett johannson can sing
- chris evans can sing
- mark ruffalo can sing
- chris hemsworth can sing
- tom hiddleston can sing
joss whedon, where is my avengers musical. i know you’ve got it in you. and i know you want it just as bad as i do. i sincerely hope that was part of the contract you just signed.
PUT THAT SHAWARMA BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM OR SO HELP ME
Want More facts? Follow the Ultrafacts Blog
These dudes are legit. They don’t just show up one day in court, either, they actually make friends with the kids and let them know they have a support system and that there are people in the world who care about them and will always have their back. And less important, but also cool, is that the few times a couple of them have come into my cafe, they’ve been super friendly and polite and when I told one of the guys that I noticed his Bikers Against Child Abuse patch and wanted him to know how awesome I thought he was because of it, he got kind of shy and blushed and said, “The kids are the awesome ones, we just let them know they’re allowed to be brave.”
So today was really interesting. So first there was some lady that was in the store until like past closing and we were all talking about her through the headsets. Then she comes over to fitting room like immediately after we made the “Hey we close in ten minutes” announcement. So she wanted to…
michelle… you always have such interesting stories… i only get angry customers. lol